Sunday, June 15, 2008

what a mess....

Last night I was rather rudely awakened by a brou-ha-ha in the yard....

It would appear that one of the local racoons had decided to pay an unanounced visit, and my cats decided they didn't particularly care for this rather rude interuption to their plans.

This resulted in a lot of hissing, and jumping and bouncing around, and I managed to just catch the racoon running along a garden bench and knocking every pot in his way off... I couldn't do much about it in the middle of the night, but this morning I awoke to cacti scattered all over the patio, and even a couple floating amongst some rather indignant goldfish in the pond. So my plans to go work in the flea market stall are kaput, as I will be cleaning, sweeping and repotting.

99.9 percent of the time, I truly enjoy the occasional visit from opposums, racoons and even the occasional black snake in the yard, but this is a little ludicrous. Wish me luck...

2 comments:

  1. Hope all your potted plants will make it! Would like to see your pond someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. re-making the pond is one of the projects that is on my list... the pond was put in rather slapdash, with no real plan, when I had just begun gardening... I'd be ashamed to show it to you right now...

    ReplyDelete