Thursday, April 30, 2009

I was taking the trash out for the sanitation workers this morning, when I saw this out of the corner of my eye...


a bit of a surprise actually, it's been raining and a little on the chilly side all week. I had seen the buds last week, but I thought that they'd wait for some sun and heat... this close-up isn't the best, but it is in the wee hours of the morning, so the light isn't the best...
There's a pic of this Echinopsis in this post, back when I first planted the rock garden last March... http://lpfleamarket.blogspot.com/2008/03/winter-hardy-cactus.html I have no idea of the species, as it was sold to me as 'Echinopsis species' If I get any seed pods off of it, I might try to sprout them, but there are many many Echinopsis hybrids out there. I'm not sure what may turn up...

As stated in the above post, this was sold to me as winter hardy to at least 20 degrees... and it certainly survived last winter. And from looking at the pics, I need to get out there this weekend and pull out some weeds...
have a great day everyone...


3 comments:

  1. I like the pure white petals. Don't you just love blooming cactus!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great surprise!!! Pudgeduck is right...that stark white color is so amazing!

    Congrats, BTW on knowing all three rocks over on Walk2Writes blog...her husband does some really neat posts! I love a challenge like that! I was hoping the dinosaur poop was a geode with amethyst though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I should have started with this post re the Echinopsis. Bad habit--I catch up by starting at the top.
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete