Monday, April 13, 2009

A few more wildflowers...

Believe it or not, I actually had a few minutes to stop by the side of the road and get some pics...

These are blue-eyed grass... I think it's Sisyrinchium chilense, to be exact, but I'm not 100% sure... there's about 70 different species of these little relatives of Iris in North America, and a few more species in South America. Cute little guys, a friend of mine has some of these growing wild in his yard, and I'm going to ask if I can transplants some of them into my rock garden.



And here's some Bluebonnets...(I hope you're not sick of them yet) aka Lupinis texensis, blooming with some Pink Evening Primrose, Oenothera speciosa.



And that's all I've got for today...



2 comments:

  1. It is so great to see blue flowers!!! They are just so neat looking to me! We just seem to have Plumbago here in blue...and it is a bush, not wildflowers! Oh, I think I did find some blue weeds that one day!!! LOL!!!

    Love the sweet innocence of the Pink Evening Primrose! They look so sheer, sweet and tender!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could get the pink prinrose to grow in my yard! It grows well in our area but not for me!

    ReplyDelete