Tuesday, May 06, 2008

hello, nothing much...

had a decent day at work. Kind of.

Had to drive 95 miles to Bonham, TX in a really bad thunderstorm. I actually saw lightning hit a tree! I mean, I know lightning hits trees, you hear about it all the time, but until you actually see it, it's just theoretical. Kind of like Iceland. You know Icelands there, but you never once think that it has anything to do with you...

So, anyway, I obviously didn't get to take any pics, as I was too busy trying not to wreck, and I didn't see anything worth taking a picture of. I'm sure that Bonham has plenty of photogenic sites, but not in the middle of a thunderstorm. Then I had to drive back down south, and then to Midlothian, which is about 30 miles south of Dallas, then back up north, and you're probably getting a general drift of my day...

Finally got back to Arlington and decided to go thrift store shopping. Found a great pair of Luchesse boots, which I could sell on ebay for mega-bucks but I'm keeping them for me. They need to find their own dang boots...

There's more big storms coming tonight supposedly, and they'll probably be hanging around tomorrow.

Just wanted to check in.

No comments:

Post a Comment