Wednesday, September 17, 2014

So, I took an afternoon nap, and when I  woke up, I turned on the news and there was a story all about a freight ship on the river that had six people that were sick. 

It hailed from West Africa, the Congo to be exact, it was in Belle Chase, (according to my maps app that's about six miles from where I sit) And six men were transported to West Jefferson Hospital.  (Which is confusing the newscasters because they insist it would be more normal to quarantine)

Nobody is saying the word 'Ebola' of course,  which means that they either don't know or they don't want to start a panic. 

I'm not actually that worried.  Cases of Ebola have already shown up in American travelers, particularly in some of the doctors that have come back, and I'm reasonably certain that everything will turn out fine. 

I'm fascinated more from a plotting point of view. 

About a week ago, it occurred to me that there wasn't a zombie story located in New Orleans.  Well, there's voodoo zombies, not the modern people eating incarnation of zombies.  It's kind of fascinating to watch this, as it kind of shows the path a plague would have to take to find entree into the city. 

1 comment:

  1. That's a little creepy! (The Ebola part, not the zombie part.)

    ReplyDelete