Saturday, November 13, 2010

strange days...

but I'm not complaining...

The first pic is a sly bit of silliness on my part.

I spent a huge amount of time making these little "green guys" when I was growing up...

It's really not that difficult. You just find a leaf, gently bend it and press with your thumbnail to cut a little holes. I don't know why it was so fascinating to me when I was a kid, and I certainly don't know why, as an adult, I suddenly remembered it, but there we are. He's kinda cute though...

The following pic is something from the flea market. Western cowboy kitsch is a very definite sub-genre down here in Texas, and we make a lot of sales...
This statue of a mare, with foal underneath her, stomping a rattle-snake flat, definietly fits the bill...
One of the flea market dealers brought in a whole bunch of stuff, then, realizing that he was overstocked, decided to put everything in his booth 50% off... so I walked through the store, saw this and grabbed it for $6.
I then put a $20 price tag on it, took this pic and asked my boss if I could borrow the computer to list it on Craigs list. She said sure, as long as I was quick about it.
So I listed it. No sooner had I clicked the "Confirm Listing" button in the e-mail they sent, then Dustin, the other guy who works there, ran back to the office to tell me that it had sold.
So I had to cancel the listing.
Which means that yeah... I was 14 dollars ahead, but, according to my boss, I was wasting time that I should have been working. Whatever...
Really, I just wanted to make sure I checked in, and I didn't really have anything else to talk about, so there we are. Hope everyone is having a good week!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go that is pretty cool! I have not ever sold anything on ebay but want to. When you listed 20 dollars does that mean the postage comes out of your pocket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy... I've sold lots on ebay, but this was listed on Craigs List, which means it's just a classified advertising. They'd have to pick it up. of course it didn't sell on Craigs List, it sold to someone in the store. Which is why it was a total waste of my time to even put it on there... anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to have a booth at the flea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claude,
    (lol) Little Green Guy is the best. I have never heard of making one the way you described but don’t you know the next time I am out in the yard I am going to give it a try (lol). The horse statuary is great. While I am not a collector of such western inspired art work, I would not mind having this piece for myself. - G

    ReplyDelete