Wednesday, May 20, 2009

just a drive by post...

The first harvest from my straw bale garden... a zuchini... dinner tomorrow!

And the purple coneflowers have started to bloom...
And at work, I was walking into an office for a pick-up, and a mourning dove took off on a paniced flight... Stupid bird had built her nest right by the front door of a business...


And that's it.
Not too exciting I know. I got off work and stoped by the hardware store - I walked in on the opposite side of the building as the nursery dept... I'm learning! - to get a bracket to replace the rusted out one that held the wheels on the lawnmower. Tried to mow last weekend and the wheels fell off...
Well they don't sell the brackets. They'd much rather I buy a new lawnmower than repair the one I had. So I had to go over an buy some little metal pieces that they sell to brace cabinets and I got home and spent a good hour rigging that thing, and I was sitting there feeling all proud of myself. Then it dawned on me... now I have to mow the lawn.
I knew there was a reason I claim to not know how to do these things...
later.



1 comment:

  1. SAM has discovered in the last few months that he can install a storm door, fix a busted washing machine, and enjoy helping me garden. What was scary six months ago (loss of a job) has become a joy (to me) of watching him learn that he is stronger and more resourceful than he realized. Happy mowing!

    ReplyDelete