Saturday, November 22, 2008

a week in review 4

well, not much of a week... Didn't take any pics at all. A month ago my dispatcher at work was laid off, and I got a new one. This week, he was laid off, so now I have a third... I think this one will stick around, primarily because there aren't that many dispatchers left. They say the economy will get worse before it gets better... so as much as I was thinking of looking for a new job, I don't think I'll be making any drastic moves right now.

The cats have been up to their old tricks... Charcoal has taken to perching herself in my computer chair, so that everytime I want to get on this thing, I have to pry her loose. This involves me trying to pick her up off of it at which point she makes that lovely cat yowl and digs her claws into the upholstery. When I finally get her loose, (kind of like prying apart industrial grade velcro) I sit her on my lap, and she gives me a dirty look, jumps onto the floor and sits staring at me. After about 2 minutes, she jumps back in my lap and curls up.

Now, I couldn't for the life of me figure out why she decided this computer chair was the place to be... there are plenty of other places for her to curl up where she wouldn't be disturbed, but I think I've figured it out. See, if she's in the computer chair, she can see the back door, and that gives her a good chance to have a good hiss every time the other cat, Phennig, comes in to the house. Her primary reason for existing has always been to let Phennig know his place in the world, and my computer chair seems to be a good podium for managing this. As for Phennig, he just ignores her. Except, every once in a while he will sneak up behind the computer chair and give her tail a real good swipe...

This is the type of stuff you have to deal with when you adopt cats that were born feral... They tame up, but there's always that semi-wild animal behaviour just under the surface...

4 comments:

  1. Awwwe...such sweet kitties! Mine has started coming in to sleep with me and doggie now too...it is a regular circus in the bed now!!! LOL. Oh, and the cat also now curls up in the dog stroller (that I never use), by the front door!!! It is a cute thing!!! I will get a picture next time and show on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost makes me want to get a cat! Not! I do like other people cats -I do get to pet a few at my son's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of think all cats retain some feral qualities. I prefer cats to dogs--mostly because they don't need much attention and constant approval. I haven't had either in many years.
    You're probably right to stick with what you have at work. I think it's going to be a long haul before this turns around, but I can't figure out why the three things that would stimulate the economy immediately are not considered. Mark to market, lower corporate tax rates and elimination of capital gains. Perhaps because those actions wouldn't "play well in Peoria" as they say. Printing money to give away just doesn't seem to be the answer. Enough.
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete