Friday, September 05, 2008

finally, some pics....

Finally got a few minutes to go outside with the camera and see what there is to take pics of.


Well, It's confirmed... the Stapeliad is definitely forming buds... The plant hangs on the edge of the lathe-house, and the buds are all forming on the shaded side of the plant, at least nine but possibly as many as a dozen! I'm hoping that the thing doesn't put out 4 or 5 at once and make the neighbors look at me like I'm strange, the smell may get overwhelming... Having never had this one bloom for me, I have no idea how long before the buds develop, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.
Unlike Pudgeduck, I don't have a Turr Tull in the yard to keep me amused, I guess I'll have to settle for a plastic one. This is actually from that lot of garden art and flower pots I have for the flea market. I may keep him, but it's far more likely that I'll sell him off next spring... cute garden statues aren't really my style.
But Lil' Gothic Bob is enjoying him...

he was trying to get the thing to give him a ride like those giant tortoises you see at the zoo, but the thing just wouldn't cooperate!

2 comments:

  1. LOL...to Gothic Bob ride with giant tortoises.
    Stapeliad is not forming buds here good luck for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting Stapeliad news! Gothic Bob is an awesome turtle cowboy!!!

    ReplyDelete