Saturday, October 18, 2008

howdy

I hadn't written to everybody in a few days, so I thought I'd drop by.

Mom wanted to buy me dinner for my birthday, so we went to a Mexican restaraunt, and I had some great steak tacos. I also had a couple of margaritas, but don't worry, I wasn't driving.

Anyway, I didn't have a very exciting week... did have a long haul out to Granbury. I've never been a big fan of Granbury, it's a nice enough town I suppose, on a nice lake, but it's been built up for the tourist industry, and it's all a little too quaint for my taste. On the way back, in a wide spot in the road called Cresson, a train was blocking the road so I turned off and found this... A historical marker. The old Cresson school, a nice example of Mission Revival architecture, which, according to the plaque, was built in 1931.


And here's another pic, a little closer. And that's the front of my truck...

and here's the historical marker plaque, if you want any more information...
This is easily the most impressive building in Cresson, in age, architecture, and size. And as nice and Texan as this building is, I'm not sure I would recomend taking any special trips out to see it. But if you're driving through on Hwy 377, it's a good excuse to stop and stretch your legs.

And that was the highlight of my week.

5 comments:

  1. Do you have a limit on the miles you travel for work? Granbury sounds like a fun day trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pudgeduck - no limits at all. I've gone to Oklahoma, but the longest I've drove is Houston (about 300 miles) But couriers are a more expensive way to ship, so we don't get many out-bound orders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting day trip. When I first looked at the photo without completely reading your blog entry I thought the building was the Mexican restaraunt where you had dinner!
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must agree with Pudgeduck...Granbury does sound kinda neat!

    I love Mexican food...sounds like the perfect B-pday dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, when I deliver to towns, I primarily see the warehouse areas... but Granbury is a nice enough place. It's about 50 miles from my house, about 30 or 35 miles SW of Ft Worth. The town square looks very nice, and kinda expensive.

    ReplyDelete