Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Here's a question...

Hey regular readers, and guests too, while we're at it.  Here's a little idea that's popped up and I'm wondering if I should pursue it.

The new market I'm at does several things throughout the year to get business in... tomorrow the vehicle swap meet starts,  they sell fireworks at the fourth of July, Christmas,and new years, and on Halloween there's a haunted house.
It's that haunted house that got me thinking...

According to some of the dealers that have been there for a while, Halloween is a very big deal at the market.  While throughout the Southern Bible belt of this country Halloween is sometimes demonized, the truth of the matter is that dressing up and running around is a whole lot of fun.  Not to mention that our area has a large Mexican population who like to celebrate their version of the holiday, Dia De Muerta (day of the dead.) 

So, I was wondering what I could have in the booth for the holiday... and my eyes happened to settle on little goth Bob. 

I'm thinking smaller And simpler versions of Bob for the market.  it would be kinda unique, nobody else will have anything like that, I'm certainly crafty enough make them, and if I put a few in wedding dresses and tuxedos they'll fit right in to the traditional  Dia  de Muerta thing too.  

Anyway... thinking about it...
W what do y'all think?

8 comments:

  1. I say go for it! Love that little Bob. Do you remember an old movie (or maybe it was a Twilight Zone episode?) from years past about Dia de Muerta? It was about this guy with a family who found a way to provide for his family even after his death, and it didn't involve a life insurance policy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walk2write... don't know that movie. Sounds interesting tho.

      Delete
  2. You know what would be fun? All your viewers make a version of Little Goth Bob and mail it to you! You could take a pic of all the Bobs together and then sell them! It could be a group effort! I would love to have a go at it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I would become too attached to them and be totally unable typ bring myself to sell them

      Delete
  3. Claude,

    OMG !!! “Mini Me Little Goth Bob’s”, what a fantastic idea !!! How much with postage and handling ??? You know I am already in line for this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well lets see what they end up looking like first... and I know the party office has problems with knives and alcohol through the mail. I'll have find out their policy on voodoo dolls

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet they'll sell like hotcakes!

    ReplyDelete