Monday, August 05, 2013

Garden spider...

Today I found this rather elegant lady under one of the crepe myrtles ... the common black and yellow garden spider. 

And since it was rather early in the season, I looked around a little and found her male admirer.

Add a general rule, i like spiders well enough, anything that Eats bugs 

Is fine in my book.  But these, from my childhood, have always been one of my faves.  She's got some growing to do yet.   

H.ere's a link to the Wikipedia page.    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argiope_aurantia

3 comments:

  1. I have NO FAVORITE spider!!! Yeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaahhhh, Zipper spiders! I hadn't seen one since childhood, then I worked at a farm a few years back and found one. It brought back all those memories of me as a kid tearing through the yard only to stop inches away from busting through one of their webs...heart-pounding, unadulterated fear combined with relief that I somehow stopped in time. And now, because of you, I'm reliving it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, Liza... I'm chuckling evilly.

    ReplyDelete