Monday, June 08, 2009

wildflowers...

Saw this in my ambling around today, thought I'd show it to y'all

This field also had a for sale sign, so I decided I'd better take a pic before somebody bought it and built a 7-11 on it.

Oh, and I'll be getting myself to the library pretty soon over the next few days... There's been another tire in my back alley rock garden... not so bad this time, but dang... 2 Mondays in a row... If you are so hung-over on Monday morning that you're having a hard time staying on the pavement, you may not be hungover as much as you're still drunk... I used to work in bars, I know about these things...

I have to go to the library to make sure that there aren't any regulations or city codes about what I can put there... My neighbor used to have a brick pillar in front of her house, and once, during one of our heavy drought, the ground shifted and the thing fell over and broke in half. Both halves are still in her back yard, and she said I could have them... I'm thinking I can mount one on each side of my driveway, plant a cactus or something in the middle of them. They'll look good, and they'll keep idgits out of my landscaping... I'm pretty sure that I can put them right on the alley if I want to, The wooden fences are certainly planted right on the edge, but 6 inches or a foot back would look better I'm sure.

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo!!I enlarged it to see the crop that is growing and (_X_) wild flowers! I love it!!! Try a nail board....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty that field is!!! WOW!!! Makes me think of Germany...so many wildflowers there...you would love to see that, Claude!

    Good luck with your project to keep the fools out of your garden! I hope you can come up with something really great to keep them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has there ever been any crops planted in the field? It is soooo beautiful and green! Getting the green fever once again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not much planting going on in that area... It's cattle country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if there's something you could rig that would pop up like a rake when you step on it? Scare the stuffing right out of 'em. Of course, you'd have another mess to clean up. I hope those wildflowers get to hang around for a while. They're wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. What kind of wildflowers are they?
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aiyana...

    That field is a mix of Galliarda (Indian Blanket) and coreopsis... there's probably some other mixed in too though

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Galliarda, the garden centre here sells that for S$8 a pot which is abt US$5 + - and it does not even last very long here !

    ReplyDelete