Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Well, I was in this movie...

For 16 bloody hours I was in this movie... actually, 15 3/4 hours,  and its not a movie, it's a new series that premiers either in December or early next year... Its called Astronaut Wives Club, it's based on a best-selling novel of the same name, set in 1962, and I spent most of my cameta time walking back and forth down one block of New Orleans which is now New York in the winter, past some truly georgous vintage cars. There's a large green screen... and I understand that they're gonna put in the Chrysler building... there was another shot in a dive bar, where I was buying cigarettes from a machine while chatting up a lady... but I doubt seriously that I'm visible.

So...there we are.  Will get paid rate + overtime + costume fitting + hair.  I let them cut  my hair so I got 16 bucks extra.  Woo hoo.  But that money is still a couple weeks off... And I want cash now...

So back to that temp labor place... this morning I filled out paperwork, she saw my resume and she has a definite job next week that actually looks pretty good, and I'm waiting to see if I can get something along the lines of dishwasher or clean up tonight,  and I'm definitely gonna do something tomorrow and Friday... maybe see about over the weekend.  I've always been like that... you pay me, I'll do it... don't care what is...

That's the way seems to go for me.  1 good little positive thing happens and everything snowballs. 

1 comment:

  1. It will be fun to see that series! I believe I saw an ad for it on TV already! How exciting! Good luck with the dishwasher job. I actually saw a book where a guy dishwashed his way through all the states. It was kinda cool. I stood in the store reading it for quite a while. Maybe it is in your library there. I think you would love it! Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Dishwasher-Quest-Dishes-Fifty-States/dp/0060896426/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

    ReplyDelete