Monday, May 26, 2008

well, fuzzy pics... my rechargable battery charger is no longer charging... dagnabbit.

Anyway, Memorial Day has brought the first gardenia bloom of the year... I don't know what variety this is. It's an antique variety, grown from a clipping from an abandoned farm house... the blooms have that great classic scent though...

This is just a color shot of marigolds, coleus and variagated agave growing in a pot... you're probably getting an idea of my gardening style... simply put, no bare dirt. I will cram as many plants as I can into any small place. The agave will eventually fill this pot, but until then, I'll keep shoving in annual...

And this is a half pot full of opuntia microdasies... I planted a pair of these pots in front of a brick wall, I thought that the golden spination would look good against the brick. This is all new growth, so the color isn't as bright as it will be later... we'll see how it works out. The pots are sitting in a bed of southern snowbells, the green leaves just now dying back... so I'll be putting in some annuals here soon.
Hope eveyone is having a great holiday weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize there was such a thing as an antique gardenia...how cool is that??? Nice color in your agave pot! Those Opuntia should grow much larger...but so slowwwlllyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claude - I received an answer about the bizarre cactus I posted and it concurs with yours. Thought you might want to check it out...

    ReplyDelete