Monday, January 07, 2013

How bout this...

So the thieves at the flea market have gotten to the point that we all insisting on security cameras.

Here's a few fun facts about shoplifters. Women with babies have been caught shoving jewelry into baby carriages and diaper bags and even the diapers their kids ate wearing. They are so blatant about it because they know that cops will usually refuse to arrest a woman with a child. But take my word for it... if the sales person insists on cooing over junior in the stroller, they might really like kids, but they might be checking out what else is in there.

If you by a case of toilet paper you cannot store it in the cabinet of the ladies room. Seriously, a case of toilet paper will disappear one roll at a time in the space of a day. You can store out in the men's room.

Men won't steal toilet paper. They will steal tools, knives, and women's shoes... I'm not sure I wanna think about the latter too much.

The other group we have to worry about are teenagers. There seems to be a certain subculture running around that consists of young boys stealing things to impress their girlfriends. There's actually no limit to what will disappear when these are involved.

And tag switchers. There's nothing like being at the counter when a package of king size sheets shows up, which usually sell for about 10 to 12 bucks, with a tag that says " crib sheets, 2.99" yesterday there was a " customer" ( and I'm using that word loosely) who had 11 items in their cart, and none of them were tagged right.

Since the economy has gotten worse, the problem has gotten worse. There's a study I heard about on NPR that says poverty doesn't create new thieves, but it makes petty thieves into major ones

I don't really know about that, but sometimes it seems I'm not really a customer service employee as much as a customer police man.

Oh well. Just feeling the grind I guess. I'll be my usual self again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment