Sunday, April 12, 2009

claude gets crafty...

I don't usually go in for craft kind of things... I'm perfectly willing to wrestle with a tire, or cart a 6 foot tall cactus lamp home, but quite frankly, most craft items end up being a little too pastel and cute for my taste. Of course, it behooves someone who works in a flea market to be able to take nothing and turn it into something, and every once in a while I get it into my brain to make something...

This started with one of those tin flower pots that had rusty spots and pealing paint... I started by sanding it, then spray painting it black...
Then I had these four things that I bought at the dollar store. They're sold as garden stepping stones... but quite frankly, they're only 7 inches across, and not big enough for a stepping stone. But, they're also only a buck each, so I bought them about a month ago, and they've been sitting here ever since...
So, I had some of this gold stenciling paint, and I drybrushed it onto the detailing...

And then I glued one on each side of the pot... a little more gold on the raised trim... and a coat of clear spray paint over everything, since that gold paint has a tendency to flake off...

And now, all I have to do is find a plant to put in it...
And that was my Easter day project.

4 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful! Stunning.

    I'm looking forward to seeing photos of it with the plants in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed! My easter day "project" was cooking for 12!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stepping stone really costs $1? Are they heavy or just plastic ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great is this! It all worked out so well for those slightly smaller stones! Perfect!!!!!!

    I missed this post when it happened! I'm glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete