Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wow, I haven't kept up with this blog at all, have I?

Still selling on ebay, sporadically now, and still selling at Forrests Antiques and more... but I have a new job as an industrial courier, and that's really a full time job, so between all of them, I'm just too tired to blog!

Anyway, I don't much like the courier job, but it's cash, and ultimately it's a disposable job. I can quit it when I find something I like better. I have to use my own truck, and buy my own gas... so while the money at first looks good, when you figure in the wear and tear and the cost... you're not really doing that great. I have to find something better soon. And you're considered an independent contractor, so you have to pay this huge tax rate. The IRS doesn't seem to like people who aren't corporate drones...

The people I deliver to are nice sometimes, and total morons at other times... in other words, they're just people, and that's how people are.

Not much of a post, but I thought I'd check in... and I'm going to try to write more soon. Maybe tell some of my adventures... (I'm collecting lots of strange stories as I drive all over Dallas/Ft. Worth... )

No comments:

Post a Comment