Monday, July 21, 2014

Plans...

So... it pretty definite.  I'll be moving to New Orleans at the end of August. I don't have a job lined up yet or even a place to live.  Right now I am focusing on getting all my money and resources together in one spot. When I get there I will sign up with the day labor folks and wash dishes, do warehouse work, etc until I can find something I like better. I'll probably rent a room, as rent is pretty cheap  & I will also be signing up with movie extra casting. I'm doing that because I found out that Louisiana, in particularly New Orleans, is filming in excess of 100 film projects a year. Therefore an experienced extra should be able to get some work.

I'm really impressed that American Horror Story will be filming in New Orleans this year even though this series of the show is actually set in Florida. Trust me. I will be on that set.  If I have to take out every working extra of my physical type to make that happen, so be it.  They're also currently filming NCIS New Orleans, which would be cool too.  Of course, a lot of these projects are just scenes rather than complete movies, but who cares? 

And that's the plan.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:46 PM

    Claude,
    What exciting news! Let’s see, you’ll be needing to pack a rosary, holy water, garlic (whole), wolfsbane, silver bullets, and a stake. Oh, and a chickens foot , yep that should be good.
    All joking aside it sounds like this is going to a good move and there should be plenty to blog about if you have the time. Wishing you all the best, and a most fun time on this new life adventure. – gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that'll be a good move, Claude!

    ReplyDelete