Friday, April 05, 2013


Its been a dreary and chilly couple of days here, but the sun is shining today, and that's always good.  It looks like my hosts may be taking a bit of a road trip this weekend, and it will be nice to have some time on my  own, with the dogs and cats of course.  I'm used to being on my own, and constantly having others around is a bit of a trial, no matter how much you like them. 

The garden is doing its thing,  Today I found a tomato plant to rescue.  My host had planted some early ones, and the frost got them, so he'd pulled them up... turned out that the leaves may have gotten frostbit, but the stems and roots are still alive and they've resprouted in the compost pile.  I'm going to see if I can nurse it back by planting it in the small area behind the garage that I've managed to claim for my plants that I rescued from the old house. 

I may be down, but claude's home for wayward plants has officially reopened! 

3 comments:

  1. Claude,
    So by the by, you have brought up an interesting topic! I would be most happy to hear (and see) which of the marvelous plants you were able rescue. As I recall you had some outstand beauties. I have always been impressed with your “curb salvations” as well as your prolific propagation skills. – gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Claude's Home for Wayward Plants" If you ever write a autobiography, i recommend this as the title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary... not that many actually. most of the big cactus are at a friends house, and theres a few here. plants are easy to replace, so I'm not that worried about it...

    Katina - biography implies that my life is outstandingly interesting. so far... not... but one never knows, does one?

    ReplyDelete