Monday, September 27, 2010

OK... it's been more than a month since I posted.

Not really sure how that happened, except to say that September is not my greatest month. This September held the 1st aniversary of my Mothers passing, the 7th aniversary of my fathers passing... those are the two biggies... but this September also held a few other fun days... Let's just say that it's not a good month for me.

That, and there's been absolutely nothing to photograph... which explains the total lack of photographs I suppose. Now you could, argue that there's plenty of things to photograph, it's just my mood... and I guess that's a pretty valid argument actually, but also, there's been no interesting destinations at work driving, no interesting things at the flea market, and, until the recent rains, nothing growing in the yard.

So, no matter what the reason... there's still a big ole lump of nothing...

The only thing I've done yesterday that's in any way, shape or form interesting is turn cheap silk flowers into pins that flower pins that I sell at the flea market... women buy them to pin on their hats or jackets. And, that's not really interesting... it's only vaugely craft-ish, and anyone who can run a hot glue gun can do it, it's just that nobody does...

As for other news... I ushered at church. Which consists of standing by the door, handing out bulletins and saying good morning. And passing a collection plate. No big deal...

But I was feeling all guilty that I hadn't posted, so I'm taking care of that now.

Now, in contrast... October tends to be a good month for me. So you should be seeing more of me... Later...

5 comments:

  1. Claude,
    It was great to see your post on my dashboard this morning and to know you were still out her in greater blogdom. To have lost both parents in the same month, no matter how many years have separated the loss, would be extremmely difficult. Yes I can see how September would be a hard month. Was glad you report there were a few good moments though.

    Looking forward to hearing and seeing more from your blog side. Take care and have a great day. - G

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back. You've been missed! Mourning loved ones does take its toll. I hope you find your joie de vivre again soon. That flower pin idea sounds like a winner. I bet they'll be a big hit for the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, goodness, Claude...I am so sorry about your Septembers! Not happy memories, but maybe some happy ones too. I sure hope October will be a fun month for you. I can see it wasn't only me waiting to see your return!!! We missed ya! I like the idea of your floral pins you made...will you show them to us?? I love crafty stuff, as you know! Glad you got to usher at church. Will you be a regular or do they share the responsibility? Anyway...see you back again here real soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back! I'm in a blog funk also!! October will be the result of being too busy to be miserable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back! We all have our ups and downs. October is usually a bad month for me too! I am glad you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete